· Longer appointments necessary – as the teeth are built up directly in the mouth. To
· compensate for this, frequent breaks should be provided by the operating dentist.
· Staining of the composite materials is the main disadvantage. Regular polishing by the
dentist or oral hygienist is recommended. In severe cases the composite replacement
tooth may need a fresh layer of white filling material to get rid of the staining.
· Rubber dam isolation in the mouth
· Smoking ,tea, coffee, red wine and certain foods can cause staining of the white filling material.
· The normal 6 monthly check-up routine will ensure proper maintenance of the FRC
bridge by your dentist or oral hygienist.
· Daily maintenance of the bridges is very important. You should be able to remove all
accumulating plaque from the bridge, especially in the area of the replacement tooth or
teeth. Inter-dental cleaning brushes such as the different coloured “TePe brushes” or
special floss called “Super Floss” should be used every time you clean your teeth. Your
dentists and oral hygienist should demontrate to you how to maintain you FRC bridge.